Issued from : E. Suarez-Morales & C. Dias in
Bull. Inst. R. Scienc. Nat. Belqique, 2001, 71. [p.77, Figs.35-37].
Male (from 20°15'56''S, 40°13'15''W): 35, habitus (dorsal; A1 cut shoret); 36, habitus (lateral); 37, left A1 (dorsal).
- Cephalothorax representing about 47% of body length (caudal rami excluded).
- Oral papilla much reduced, represented by rounded , low protuberance located 0.24 of way back along ventral surface of cephalothorax.
- Ocelli present, very reduced, unpigmented, rounded in dorsal view.
- Cephalic sensillae not seen.
- Two chitinized, nipple-like cuticular processes located ventrally between oral papilla and antennular bases (arrowed in fig.38). Above these nipple-like processes, lies a large conical protuberance similar to that described for the male of Cymbasoma
- Posterior margin of cephalothorax with cuticular process on dorsal surface. Process represented by a row of 4 transverse teeth-like projections directed backwards; near their distal end lies a pair of divergent subtriangular processes apparently borne on a common base (see fig.41). Another sililar, but much reduced process is presenrt on posterior margin of 2nd pedigerous somite (see fig.35).
- A1 relatively long, 5-segmented, clearly separated, representing close to 94% of the cephalothorax length. Length ratio of segments 11.9 : 26.2 : 14.4 : 24.7 : 22.8 = 100.
- 1st pedigerous thoracic somite incorporated into cephalothorax.
- P5 absent from 5th pedigerous somite.
- Genital somite with medial ventral protuberance which is base of a long genital apparatus, nearly cylindrical but having 2 terminal lobes widely divergent. A rounded process is present between bases of lobes. Inner margins of lobes smooth, naked.
- Urosome consisting of probably 4 segments: 5th pedigerous somite, genital somite (with genital complex) and 1 free -anal- somite.
- Caudal rami missing in the specimen.