Issued from : G.D. Grice & K. Hülsemann in
Bull. Mus. Comp. Zool., Harvard, 1970, 139 (4). [p.210-211, Pl. VII, Figs. 128-141]. As Amallophora macilenta
Male (from 39°45.2'N, 70°33.8'W): 128-129, habitus (dorsal and lateral, respectively); 130, rostrum; 131, portion of genital segment (enlarged); 132, right A1; 133, exopod of A2; 134, endopod and basipod of A2; 135, Md palp; 136, Md (masticatory edge); 137, Mx1; 138, modified spine of 1st inner lobe of Mx1; 139, Mx2; 140, Mx2 (other side); 141, Mxp.
Nota : - Head and 1st thoracic segment separated by a fine line, dorsally extending posteriad close to anterior margin of 2nd thoracic segment, 4th and 5th thoracic segment fused.
- Abdomen 5-segmented.
- Rostrum of moderate size with 2 filaments.
- Posterolateral margin of 5th thoracic segment rectangular with rounded corner.
- 2nd abdominal segment largest, about as wide as long.
- Anal segment very short.
- 2nd to 4th abdominal segments covered with slitlike pores.
- A1 reaching posterior end of 3rd abdominal segment ;
- In right A1 segments 8-14 and 20 and 21 fused ; on left side segments 7-14 fused and 20 and 21 incompletely separate.
- Exopod od A2 1.5 times as long as endopod.
- Basal segment of Md palp broad, carrying 2 slender setae. Teeth on gnathobase simple, on posterior side short, on anterior side longer.
- Spines on 1st inner lobe of Mx1 modified ; 2 setae on 2nd inner lobe, 4 setae on 3rd inner lobe, 5 setae on 2nd basal segment, 2 and 6 setae on endopod, 10 setae on exopod.
- Mx2 small ; 1 large amalla on endopod and 5 slender sensory appendages.
- 2nd basipodal segment of Mxp slender, longer than 1st basipodal segment ; 2nd segment of endopod longest.
- Endopod of P1 1-segmented, of P2 2-segmented, of P3 and P4 3-segmented. Exopods of P1 to P4 3-segmented. Posterior sides of endopods of P2 to P4 armed with spines and spinules.
- P5 slender ; left side stronger than right, rudimentary endopods 1-segmented ; 1st and 2nd exopodal segments of right P5 separated by fine line and equipped with minute spines ; terminal spine on 3rd segment long and slender. Distal end of 2nd exopodal segment of left P5 with 4 or 5 setae, 3rd segment with several horizontal rows of short hair and several terminal spines.