|Hyperbionychidae Ohtsuka, Roe & Boxshall, 1993 ( Arietelloidea )|
|Ref.: ||Ohtsuka & al., 1993 (p.70, 78); Cuoc & al., 1997 (p.663: Hyperbionychidae); Ohtsuka & Huys, 2001 (p.461); Boxshall & Halsey, 2004 (p.13, 128); Blanco-Bercial & al., 2011 (p.103, Table 1, Fig.2, 3, 4, Biol. mol, phylogeny); Laakmann & al., 2019 (p.330, fig. 2, 3, phylogenetic relationships) |
Bradford-Grieve J.M., (2002 onwards). Key to calanoid copepod families. Version 1 : 2 oct 2002. http://www.crustacea.net/crustace/calanoida/index.htm
|Rem.: ||2 G: Hyperbionyx, Lamiantennula.|
Hyperbenthic forms by great depth.
Issued from : G.A. Boxshall & S.H. Halsey in
An Introduction to Copepod Diversity. The Ray Society, 2004, No 166, Part. I. [p.128].
Armature formula of swimming legs P1 to P4.
Nota: Female P5 uniramous, nearly symmetrical; coxae fused to intercoxal sclerite to form common base; basis with outer seta; exopod 1-segmented, armed with 2, 1, 2 elements.
- Male P5 uniramous, asymmetrical; right leg coxa fused to intercoxal sclerite; basis with posterior seta and inner process possibly representing endopod; exopod 3-segmented with distal 2 segments partly fused and lamellate. Left leg coxa incompletely fused to intercoxal sclerite; basis expanded anteriorly, with posterior seta and inner angle process (? endopod); exopod 3-segmented, segments 1 and 2 each with 1 spine, segment 3 curved, bearing 1 seta and 2 plate-like elements
|Ref.: ||Ohtsuka & al., 1993 a (p.70, Def.); Mauchline, 1998 (p.73: F; p.74: M); Cuoc & al., 1997 (p.651, Fig.6: female genital area); Bradford-Grieve,1999 b (p.70, Def.); Bradford-Grieve, 2004 (p.287); Boxshall & Halsey, 2004 (p.128); Bradford-Grieve, 2010 (p.2167)|
|Rem.: || Type: Hyperbionyx pluto Ohtsuka, Roe & Boxshall, 1993. Total: 2 spp.|
Diagnosis after Bradford-Grieve (1999 b, p.70) :
- Head and pedigerous segment 1 separate, pedigerous segments 4 and 5 fused with their posterolateral corners slightly produced outwards.
- Genital segment of female with ventrolateral functional left, and non-functional right gonopores.
- Caudal rami asymmetrical, right longer than left.
- Rostrum triangular with a pair of long filaments.
- Right A1 female indistinctly 27-segmented, shorter than left.
- A2 with an indistinctly 3-segmented endopod and incompletely 9-segmented exopod.
- Md blade with 2 strong teeth and palp comprising a 2-segmented endopod and indistinctly 5-segmented exopod.
- Mx1 with 7 spines and 6 setae on inner lobe 1; 3 setae on inner lobe 2; and 2 setae on outer lobe 1; endopod elongate, 1-segmented with 5 setae; exopod incompletely fused with basipod and bears 2 setae.
- Mx2 well-developed; lobe 4 with a stout serrated spine; lobe 5 considerably produced anteriorly, bearing a chitinised spine; terminal endopod segments relatively reduced.
- Mxp with basipods 1 and 2 with 4 and 3 setae respectively; terminal endopod segment with relatively well-developed, serrate setae.
- P1 basipod 2 lacks an outer edge seta; distal 2 endopod segments completely or incompletely separate; exopod segment 1 with a long spiniform outer seta; exopod segment 2 lacking an outer spine; exopod segment 3 with 2 lateral and 1 terminal spine.
- P3 with 1 small outer seta on posterior surface of basipod 2.
- P4 with inner seta on basipod 1.
- P5 female uniramous, nearly symmetrical, lacking endopod; exopod 1-segmented with 2 lateral spines and 1 terminal and 2 inner setae.
- P5 male uniramous, asymmetrical; right basipod 2 with an inner projection derived from endopod; distal 2 exopod segments of right leg expanded, lamellar.
|Remarks on dimensions and sex ratio:|
|The mean female size is 10.40 mm and the mean male size is 8.66 mm. The size ratio (male : female) is 0.833. The sex ratio is 0.5 temporary.|
|Ref.: ||Markhaseva & Schulz, 2006 b (p.204); Bradford-Grieve, 2010 (p.2171, Rem.); Renz & Markhaseva, 2015 (p.96, Table 4, fig.3, sex ratio, biogeography) |
|Rem.: ||Type: Lamiantennula longifurca Markhaseva & Schulz, 2006. Total: 1 sp.|
After Bradford-Grieve (2010, p.2171), Markhaseva & Schulz (2006) provisionally placed Lamiantennula longifurca in the Hyperbionychidae. Their placement is correct until this placement can be further evaluated by the discovery of the male.
Diagnosis from Markhaseva & Schulz (2006 b, p.204):
- Cephalosome and 1st pediger separate, 4th and 5th pedigers fused.
- Rostrum with 2 long filaments.
- Genital double-somite and its structures asymmetrical.
- Caudal rami symmetrical, longer than urosomites 1-4.
- Proximal segments of A1 fused as lamelliform complex.
- Md basis without seta, endopodal segment 1 without seta, segment 2 with 2 terminal setae, one thicker, poorly sclerotized; exopod with 5 setae; gnathobase with 6 terminal and 1 lateral subdistal teeth.
- Praecoxal arthrite of Mx1 strongly enlarged with 16 setal elements; coxal endite with 3 setae; basal endites reduced; endopod with 3 setae; exopod with 2 setae; coxal epipodite without setae.
- Mx2 proximal praecoxal endite with 5 setae, distal praecoxal endite with 1 seta; proximal coxal endite with 2 setae, distal coxal endite with 3 setae; proximal basal endite with 4 setae and outer crest; terminal part of limb with 4 setal elements on endite and endopod with 7 setae.
- Mxp proximal and medial endites of praecoxa with 1 seta each, distal endite with 2 setae and coxal endite with 2 setae; basis with 3 medial setae; endopod 6-segmented, segment 1 separate from basis.
- P1 basis with poorly sclerotized spine on posterior surface; endopod and exopod 3-segmented; exopodal segment 2 without spine, segment 3 with 1 distolateral spine.
- P2-P4 with 3-segmented endo- and exopods
- Basis of P3-P4 with 1 distolateral seta each.
- P5 symmetrical, uniramous, 2-segmented; segment 1 with 1 lateral seta, segment 2 with terminal setae.
For Markhaseva & Schulz (2006 b, p.204) this new genus is diagnosed by the apomorphies: 1- A1 proximal segments I-III fused and greatly enlarged as a lamelliform complex; 2- Md endopod segment 2 with 2 setae distally, one poorly sclerotized (3, 5, 7 or 9-10 setae in other arietelloideans; 3- Md exopod segment 5 with 1 seta (2 setae in other arietelloideans; 4- Mx2 basis with angular outer crest.
|Remarks on dimensions and sex ratio:|
|Length of body size for one female only: 3.70 mm. By great depth and with a great difference of size by comparison with the genus Hyperbionyx.|
Any use of this site for a publication will be mentioned with the following reference :
Razouls C., Desreumaux N., Kouwenberg J. and de Bovée F., 2005-2023. - Biodiversity of Marine Planktonic Copepods (morphology, geographical distribution and biological data). Sorbonne University, CNRS. Available at http://copepodes.obs-banyuls.fr/en [Accessed March 27, 2023]
© copyright 2005-2023 Sorbonne University, CNRS