List species and varieties by family
|Hyperbionychidae Ohtsuka, Roe & Boxshall, 1993 ( Arietelloidea )|
|(1) Hyperbionyx Ohtsuka, Roe & Boxshall, 1993|
|Rem.: || Type: Hyperbionyx pluto Ohtsuka, Roe & Boxshall, 1993. Total: 2 spp.|
Diagnosis after Bradford-Grieve (1999 b, p.70) :
- Head and pedigerous segment 1 separate, pedigerous segments 4 and 5 fused with their posterolateral corners slightly produced outwards.
- Genital segment of female with ventrolateral functional left, and non-functional right gonopores.
- Caudal rami asymmetrical, right longer than left.
- Rostrum triangular with a pair of long filaments.
- Right A1 female indistinctly 27-segmented, shorter than left.
- A2 with an indistinctly 3-segmented endopod and incompletely 9-segmented exopod.
- Md blade with 2 strong teeth and palp comprising a 2-segmented endopod and indistinctly 5-segmented exopod.
- Mx1 with 7 spines and 6 setae on inner lobe 1; 3 setae on inner lobe 2; and 2 setae on outer lobe 1; endopod elongate, 1-segmented with 5 setae; exopod incompletely fused with basipod and bears 2 setae.
- Mx2 well-developed; lobe 4 with a stout serrated spine; lobe 5 considerably produced anteriorly, bearing a chitinised spine; terminal endopod segments relatively reduced.
- Mxp with basipods 1 and 2 with 4 and 3 setae respectively; terminal endopod segment with relatively well-developed, serrate setae.
- P1 basipod 2 lacks an outer edge seta; distal 2 endopod segments completely or incompletely separate; exopod segment 1 with a long spiniform outer seta; exopod segment 2 lacking an outer spine; exopod segment 3 with 2 lateral and 1 terminal spine.
- P3 with 1 small outer seta on posterior surface of basipod 2.
- P4 with inner seta on basipod 1.
- P5 female uniramous, nearly symmetrical, lacking endopod; exopod 1-segmented with 2 lateral spines and 1 terminal and 2 inner setae.
- P5 male uniramous, asymmetrical; right basipod 2 with an inner projection derived from endopod; distal 2 exopod segments of right leg expanded, lamellar.
| Hyperbionyx athesphatos Bradford-Grieve, 2010 (M) [Figs]|
| Hyperbionyx pluto Ohtsuka, Roe & Boxshall, 1993 (F,M) [Figs]|
|(2) Lamiantennula Markhaseva & Schulz, 2006|
|Rem.: ||Type: Lamiantennula longifurca Markhaseva & Schulz, 2006. Total: 1 sp.|
After Bradford-Grieve (2010, p.2171), Markhaseva & Schulz (2006) provisionally placed Lamiantennula longifurca in the Hyperbionychidae. Their placement is correct until this placement can be further evaluated by the discovery of the male.
Diagnosis from Markhaseva & Schulz (2006 b, p.204):
- Cephalosome and 1st pediger separate, 4th and 5th pedigers fused.
- Rostrum with 2 long filaments.
- Genital double-somite and its structures asymmetrical.
- Caudal rami symmetrical, longer than urosomites 1-4.
- Proximal segments of A1 fused as lamelliform complex.
- Md basis without seta, endopodal segment 1 without seta, segment 2 with 2 terminal setae, one thicker, poorly sclerotized; exopod with 5 setae; gnathobase with 6 terminal and 1 lateral subdistal teeth.
- Praecoxal arthrite of Mx1 strongly enlarged with 16 setal elements; coxal endite with 3 setae; basal endites reduced; endopod with 3 setae; exopod with 2 setae; coxal epipodite without setae.
- Mx2 proximal praecoxal endite with 5 setae, distal praecoxal endite with 1 seta; proximal coxal endite with 2 setae, distal coxal endite with 3 setae; proximal basal endite with 4 setae and outer crest; terminal part of limb with 4 setal elements on endite and endopod with 7 setae.
- Mxp proximal and medial endites of praecoxa with 1 seta each, distal endite with 2 setae and coxal endite with 2 setae; basis with 3 medial setae; endopod 6-segmented, segment 1 separate from basis.
- P1 basis with poorly sclerotized spine on posterior surface; endopod and exopod 3-segmented; exopodal segment 2 without spine, segment 3 with 1 distolateral spine.
- P2-P4 with 3-segmented endo- and exopods
- Basis of P3-P4 with 1 distolateral seta each.
- P5 symmetrical, uniramous, 2-segmented; segment 1 with 1 lateral seta, segment 2 with terminal setae.
For Markhaseva & Schulz (2006 b, p.204) this new genus is diagnosed by the apomorphies: 1- A1 proximal segments I-III fused and greatly enlarged as a lamelliform complex; 2- Md endopod segment 2 with 2 setae distally, one poorly sclerotized (3, 5, 7 or 9-10 setae in other arietelloideans; 3- Md exopod segment 5 with 1 seta (2 setae in other arietelloideans; 4- Mx2 basis with angular outer crest.
| Lamiantennula longifurca Markhaseva & Schulz, 2006 (F) [Figs]|
Any use of this site for a publication will be mentioned with the following reference :
Razouls C., Desreumaux N., Kouwenberg J. and de Bovée F., 2005-2023. - Biodiversity of Marine Planktonic Copepods (morphology, geographical distribution and biological data). Sorbonne University, CNRS. Available at http://copepodes.obs-banyuls.fr/en [Accessed December 11, 2023]
© copyright 2005-2023 Sorbonne University, CNRS