List species and varieties by family
|Arctokonstantinidae Markhaseva & Kosobokova, 2001 ( Spinocalanoidea )|
|(1) Arctokonstantinus Markhaseva & Kosobokova, 2001|
|Rem.: ||Type: Arctokonstantinus hardingi Markhaseva & Kosobokova, 2001. Total: 1 sp.|
Considered as a type of a new family (Arctokonstantinidae) by Markhaseva & Kosobokova (2001, p.319), placed among the Spinocalanidae par Boxshall & Halsey (2004, p.196, 198).
Diagnosis after Markhaseva & Kosobokova (2001, p.320):
- Rostrum absent.
- Cephalon and 1st pedigerous seomite incompletely separate, 4th and 5th pedigerous somites separate.
- Urosome 4-segmented.
- Genital segment symmetrical.
- A1 24-segmented.
- A2 exopod incompletely 8-segmented (exopodal segments 2-3 partly fused), shorter than endopods (endopodal segment 1 with 1 seta).
- Md endopodal segment 1 without seta, endopodal segment 2 with 6 setae.
- Mx1 inner lobe 4 without setae (as Rhinomaxillaris), endopod rudimentary with 4 setae.
- P1 endopod without outer lobe and basis without inner setae (as Sognocalanus).
| Arctokonstantinus hardingi Markhaseva & Kosobokova, 2001 (F) [Figs]|
|(2) Caudacalanus Markhaseva & Schulz, 2008|
|Rem.: ||type: Caudacalanus mirus. Total: 2 spp.|
| Caudacalanus mirus Markhaseva & Schulz, 2008 (F) [Figs]|
| Caudacalanus vicinus Markhaseva & Schulz, 2008 (F) [Figs]|
|(3) Foxtonia Hulsemann & Grice, 1963|
|Rem.: ||Originally included, with doubt, in the Bathypontiidae. For Schulz (1996, p.599) this genus could be included among the Spinocalanidae. Position followed by Boxshall & Halsey, 2004 (p.196, Rem.), but genus considered by Markhaseva (2008) as belonging to the family Arctokonstantinidae.|
| Foxtonia barbatula Hulsemann & Grice, 1963 (F) [Figs]|
|(4) Foxtosognus Markhaseva, 2008|
|Rem.: ||Type: Foxtosognus rarus Markhaseva, 2008. Total: 1 sp.|
Diagnosis from Markhaseva (2008, p.9):
- Rostrum in short plate, rounded.
- Caudal rami symmetrical, their inner setae arranged symmetrically.
- A1 short, somewhat longer than cephalosome.
- A2 endopod longer and thicker than exopod; 2nd exopodal segment with 1 seta.
- Md basis of palp with 2 setae; 1st endopodal segment longer than 2nd segment, which is provided with 7 setae; terminal segment of exopod with 2 setar; gnathobase with 3 teeth and 2 setae.
- Mx1 praecoxal arthrite with 7 to 8 setae; both coxal and ptoximal basal endites reduced; distal basal endite without setae and separated from endopod with 3 setae; exopod with 4 setae.
- Mx2 proximal and distal endites of praecoxa with 3 and 2 setae, respectively; proximal and distal endites of coxa with 2 and 3 setae, respectively; those of basis with 3 and 2 setae, respectively; endopod with 4 setae.
- Mxp praecoxal endites of syncoxa lacking setae; coxal endite with 1 seta; allobasis with 1 seta arising in the middle part of segment and 2 setae locared distally; endopod 3-segmented, its segments have 1, 3, and 2 setae, respectively.
- P1 exopod 3-segmented, each segment with 1 external spine.
- P2 endopod 2-segmented.
- P3-P4 endopods 3-segmented, 3rd segment bears 6 setae.
For Markhaseva, the new genus shows more morphological similarities to genera Foxtonia and Sognocalanus.
| Foxtosognus rarus Markhaseva, 2008 (F) [Figs]|
|(5) Sognocalanus Fosshagen, 1967|
|Rem.: ||Formerly included in the Bathypontiidae family, but considered by Markhaseva (2008) as belonging to the family Arctokonstantinidae.|
Total: 1 sp.
| Sognocalanus confertus Fosshagen, 1967 (F,M) [Figs]|
Any use of this site for a publication will be mentioned with the following reference :
Razouls C., Desreumaux N., Kouwenberg J. and de Bovée F., 2005-2021. - Biodiversity of Marine Planktonic Copepods (morphology, geographical distribution and biological data). Sorbonne University, CNRS. Available at http://copepodes.obs-banyuls.fr/en [Accessed December 01, 2021]
© copyright 2005-2021 Sorbonne University, CNRS