Issued from : G.D. Grice & K. Hülsemann in
Bull. Mus. Comp. Zool., Harvard, 1970, 139 (4). [p.212-213, Pl. VIII, Figs. 150-165]. As Amallophora rotunda
Male (from 39°45.2'N, 70°33.8'W): 150-151, habitus (lateral and dorsal, respectively); 152, ventral margin of 2nd and 3rd thoracic segments; 153, forehead (lateral); 154, same (ventral); 155, right A1; 156, A2; 157, Md palp; 158, Md gnathobase; 159, Mx1; 160, modified spine of 1st inner lobe of Mx1; 161, Mx2; 162, Mxp; 163, right Mxp (slightly turned outward); 164, P1 (posterior view); 165, endopod of P1 (anterior view).
Nota : - Head and 1st thoracic segment separate, 4th and 5th segments separate.
- Abdomen 5-segmented.
Rostrum bifurcate with 2 filaments of moderate length.
- Posterolateral margin of 5th thoracic segment rounded ventrally and rather straight posteriorly.
- A1 overreaching end of caudal rami by about last 3 segments ; segments 8 and 9 fused of both sides, incompletely fused with segment 10, segments 20 and 21 partly fused.
- Basal segment of Md palp with 2 setae ; gnathobase very small, edge with 5 teeth and 1 seta.
- Spines on 1st inner lobe of Mx1 modified, 2 setae on 2nd inner lobe, 4 setae on 3rd inner lobe, 5 setae on 2nd basal segment, 2, 2 and 4 setae on endopod, 10 setae on exopod.
- Mx2 with 5 lobes relatively small, endopod carrying 1 large amalla.
- 1st basipodal segment of Mxp with prominent hump proximally on anterior edge, segment widest distally, 2nd basipodal segment widest proximally ; 2nd segment of endopopd longest.
- Endopod of P1 1-segmented, of P2 2-segmented, of P3 and P4 as well as exopods of P1 to P4 3-segmented. Posterior sides of endopods of P2 to P4 and 2nd exopodal segment of P4 with spinules. 1st basipodal segment of P3 with row of spinules, of P4 with row and patch of spinules.
- P5 asymmetrical, both sides uniramous, 5-segmented. Left leg about 3 times as long as right leg. 3rd segment of right P5 with 1 small outer spine, distal segment with 2 small terminal spines. 3rd segment of left P5 with 1 small outer spine, distal end of 4th segment with fan of setae, terminal segment bearing some short hair on inner side and a patch of hair on the distal end.