issued from : O. Tanaka in
Publ. Seto Mar. Biol. Lab., 1962, X (1). [p.77, Fig.145]. As Scolecithricella arcuata
Female (from Sagami and Suruga Bay): a, habitus (dorsal); b, forehead (left lateral side); c, last thoracic segment and urosome (left lateral side); d, rostrum (dorsal view); e, P1; f, P2; g, P3, h, P5.
Male (from Sagami Bay): i, forehead (left lateral side); j, last thoracic segment and urosome (left lateral side); k, right P5; l, exopod and endopod of left P5.
- Cephalothorax about 3.55 times the abdomen length.
- Head and 1st thoracic segment fused, 4th and 5th pedigers incompletely fused, line of fusion observed from the dorsal.
- Posterolateral corners of the last thoracic segment rounded, but slightly produced on posterior margin.
- Caudal rami as long as wide.
- Abdominal segments and caudal rami in the proportional lengths 40 : 20 : 17 : 8 : 15 = 100.
- Abdominal segments 1-3 fringed with fine teeth on distal margin.
- A1 23-segmented on left side, extend to the end of the 3rd abdominal segment.
- A2 exopod 1.3 times as long as endopod.
- Mx1 with 9 setae on the outer lobe; 9 setae on exopod; 8 setae on endopod; 5 setae on the 2nd basal segment; 4 setae on the 3rd inner lobe; 2 setae on the 2nd lobe.
- Mx2 and Mxp as those of Scolecithricella propinqua
Sars (1920c) = Amallothrix propinqua
(Sars, 1925) = Scolecithrix propinqua
- P1 with an outer edge spine on the 1st exopodal segment.
- P2 with the outer edge spine on the 1st exopodal segment, long and curved, furnished with minute teeth on the inner margin. Terminal spine of exopod with 27 teeth.
- P3 with the outer edge spine of the 1st as in P2.Terminal spine of exopod with 22 teeth.Basis furnished with 2 rows of spinules on the anterior distal border.
- P4 with an short and straight inner marginal seta on the basis; terminal spine of exopod with about 51 teeth.
- P5 2-segmented; terminal segment with a strong inner marginal spine on the distal 1/3 of the inner margin; spine furnished with 2 rows of denticles along anterior margin. Terminal spine about 1/3 the length of the inner marginal spine , and finely serrated on the anterior margin. Outer marginal spine short, and arises somewhat obliquely to the inner marginal spine.
- Cephalothorax about 2.34 times the length of abdomen.
- Forehead slightly produced.
- Posterolateral corners of the last thoracic segment rounded, slightly produced on the ventro-lateral margin.
- Rostrum as in female.
- Urosome 5-segmented; abdominal segments and caudal rami in the proportional lengths 12 : 33 : 20 : 21 : 4 : 10 = 100.
- Caudal rami a little longer than wide.
- A1 19-segmented on the right, extends to the middle of the 2nd abdominal segment.
- P2 with the outer edge spine of the 1st exopodal segment long and curved and furnished with fine teeth along the inner margin.
- P3 with a long outer edge spine on the 1st exopodal segment, but the spine devoid of fine teeth on the inner margin.
- P5 reaches back to the middle of the 4th abdominal segment. Endopod on right leg moderately long. Exopod of the left leg longer than endopod; the inner margin of the 1st endopodal segment produced triangularly at the proximal 1/3 of the segment.