issued from : O. Tanaka in
Publ. Seto Mar. Biol. Lab., 1962, X (1). [p.96, Fig.149].
Male (from Sagami Bay): a, habitus (dorsal); b, forehead (left lateral side); c, last thoracic segment and urosome (left lateral side); d, rostrum (dorsal view); e, Mx2; f, exopod of P1; g, P2 (basipods); h, P5.
- Cephalothorax about 2.8 times the abdomen length (2.07 : 0.75).
- Head and 1st pedigerous segment fused, 4th and 5th pedigers fused, but in lateral aspect the line of fusion is faintly visible.
- Posterolateral corners of the last thoracic segment rounded in lateral aspect.
- Rostral spine robust, attenuates into fine filament at the distal half.
- Abdomen 5-segmented; segments and caudal rami in proportional lengths 8 : 34 : 24 : 26 : 2 : 6 = 100.
- 2nd abdolinal segment swollen distally.
)- Anal segment short, concealed beneath the foregoing.
- Caudal rami divergent, about as long as wide.
- A1 19-segmented on the right side, extends to the end of the 2nd abdominal segment.
- A2 exopod 1.5 times as long as endopod.
- Mx1 with 9 setae on outer lobe; 8 setae on exopod; 7 setae on endopod; 5 setae on the 2nd basal segment; 4 setae on the 3rd inner lobe; 2 setae on the 2nd inner lobe
- Mx2 with 3 long vermiform and 5 bud-like (amalliform) filaments on the segments of the endopod.
- P1 with the outer edge spine on the 1st exopodal segment; 1st and 2nd endopodal segments furnished each with rows of minute spines on posterior surface; 3rd exopodal segment 1.5 times as long as the 2nd segment.
- P2 basis furnished with 3 small pointed teeth on the inner margin about the middle; the 1st exopodal segment with a long and curved outer edge spine; posterior surface of coxa and basis covered with minute spines.
- P3 and P4 with inner margin smooth.
- Inner marginal setae of the coxa of P4 small.