issued from : O. Tanaka in
Publ. Seto Mar. Biol. Lab., 1962, X (1). [p.82, Fig.147].
Female (from Suruga Bay): a, habitus (dorsal); b, forehead (left lateral side); c, last thoracic segment and urosome (left lateral side); d, rostrum (dorsal view); e, Mx2; f, Mxp; g, PP1; i, P3; j, P5.
- Cephalothorax about 3.92 times the abdomen length.
- Abdomen 4-segmented; segments and caudal rami in the proportional lengths 48 : 16 : 15 : 5 : 16 = 100.
- Genital segment slightly swollen ventrally.
- Caudal rami 1.2 times as long as wide.
- A1 broken.
- A2 exopod 1.4 times as long as endopod.
- Mx1 with 9 setae on the outer lobe; 8 setae on exopod; 5 setae on endopodal segments 2-3 and 3 setae on the endopodal segment 1; 5 setae on the 2nd basal segment; 4 setae on the 3rd inner lobe; 2 setae on the 2nd inner lobe.
- Mx2 with 3 vermiform and 4 bud-like sensory filaments on the segments of endopod.
- Mxp with a row of spinules on the anterior margin of the 2nd basal extending to the middle of the segment; endopodal segment rather short.
- P1 with the outer edge spine on the exopodal segment slender; on the 1st segment of exopod, the spine which is as long as the outer margin of the 2nd segment.
- P2 with a long and curved spine on the 1st exopodal segment; the proximal half of the outer margin of the 1st basal segment (coxa) is swollen.
- P3 with coxa fusnished with rather long spinules on basal region of the inner marginal seta, and both the inner and outer margins of the segment provided with minute denticles; posterior surface of exopod and endopod covered with groups of minute spines; terminal spine of exopod coarsely toothed (26 teeth).
- P4 with seta on the coxa.
- P5 3-segmented but the separation between the segments feeble; distal segment with rayher a feeble inner marginal spine; apical and outer marginal spines small; inner marginal spine about as long as the distal segment; the outer marginal spine arises opposiye to the inner marginal one.