issued from : O. Tzanaka in
Publ. Seto Mar. Biol. Lab., 1961, IX (1). [p.155, Fig.112].
Female (from Japan: Sagami Bay): a, habitus (dorsal); b, forehead (lateral); c, rostrum (frontal view); d, last thoracic segment (lateral, left side); e, idem (right side); f, distal segments of A1; g, Mx1; h, Mx2; i, Mxp; j, P1; k, P2; l, P3; m, P4 (3rd segment); n, endopod of P4; o, P5.
- Cephalothorax and abdomen ratio 1.16 : 0.98.
- Head and 1st pedigerous segment fused, 4th and 5th pedigers incompletely separated.
- Posterior lateral corners of the last thoracic segment asymmetrical; distal margin more produced on left side; lateral distal margins are outwardly curved (in dorsal view).
- Urosome 4-segmented; segments and caudal rami in proportional lengths 43 : 18 : 18 : 7 : 17 = 100.
- Genital segment swollen laterally about the middle; slightly concave ventrally at genital area; dorsal surface convex.
- Caudal rami longer than wide; appendicular seta small.
- A1 23-segmented, extends to yje distal end of the 2nd abdominal segment.
- A2 exopod about as long as endopod.
- Md with a slender endopod.
- Mx1 with 9 setae on outer lobe; 5 setae on exdopod; 9 setae on endopod; 5 setae on the 2nd basal segment.
- Mx2 with 3 worm-like and 5 small bud-like sensory filaments on endopod..
- Mxp characteristic; 2nd basal segment coarsely dentate on the proximal margin ; outer marginal setae on the 4th and 5th endopodal segments well developed.
- P1 exopod 3-segmented, endopod 1-segmented; 1st exopodal segment without outer marginal spine; outer marginal spines on the 2nd and 3rd exopodal segments slender and long.
- P2 exopod 3-segmented, endopod 2-segmented; outer edge spine of the 1st exopodal segment long and furnished with fuine spinules on inner margin; 2nd and 3rd exopodal segments and the 1st and 2nd endopodal segments furnished with rows of spinules on posterior surface; terminal spineof exopod with a characteristic arrangement of teeth (fig.k).
- P3 and P4 with endopod and exopod 3-segmented each; posterior surface of exopod and endopod of P4 more finely furnished with spinules.
- P5 symmetrical, 3-segmented; segments about equal length; terminal segment with 3 spines, of which the apical two are very strong and furnished with denticles on outer distal margin; Outer marginal spine short and furnished with small denticles on either side of the spine