issued from : O. Tanaka in
Publ. Seto Mar. Lab., 1969, XVII (4). [Fig.4].
Female (from China Sea): a, forehead (lateral); b, last thoracic segment and urosome (lateral right side); c, idem (dorsal); d, A2; e, Mx1; f, Mxp (basal segment); g, P1 (exopod); h, P4; i, lamellous process of 1st basal segment of Mxp in Gaetanus kruppi
female from Giesbrecht.
- Proportional lengths of cephalothorax and abdomen 78 : 22.
- Cephalic spine very small.
- Rostrum short, point-like, directed ventrally.
- Head and 1st thoracic segment fused, 4th and 5th fused.
- Posterolateral corners of the last thoracic segment rounded, with a small lateral spine on the distal margin.
- Proportional lengths of urosomites and caudal rami 38 : 17 : 16 : 10 : 19 = 100.
- Genital segment symmetrical, swollen ventrally, the distal margin striated with spinules.
- Caudal rami as long as wide.
- A1 24-segmented (segments 8-9 fused), extends beyond the end of caudal rami by the distal 2 segments.
- A2 exopod about as long as endopod.
- Md with 9 setae on the distal margin of the endopod; cutting edge with 8 teeth and 1 inner marginal seta.
- Mx1: 9 setae on the outer lobe, 11 setae on exopod, 4 + 4+ 6 on endopod, 5 on the 2nd basal segment, 4 on the 3rd inner lobe, 4 on the 2nd inner lobe, 14 on the 1st inner lobe (= arthrite).
- Mx2 robust, with the proximal outer margin of the 1st basal segment swollen endopod with 6 setae, the 5th inner lobe with 2 spines on the anterior distal margin.
- Mxp with 1st basal segment furnished with a lamellous process on the outer margin (which differs in shape from that of G. kruppi
- P1 exopod 2-segmented (segments 1 and 2 incompletely fused), endopod 1-segmented; the outer marginal spine of the 2nd segment long, reaching the distal margin of the 3rd exopodal segment.
- P2 exopod 3-segmented and endopod 2-segmented; the terminal spine of exopod with 21 teeth.
- P3 and P4 with exopods and endopods 3-segmented each.
- P4 with the 1st basal segment (= coxa) furnished with about 23 bristles on the inner margin.