issued from : O. Tanaka in
Publ. Seto Mar. Biol. Lab., 1969, XVII (4). [p.256, Fig.2]. As Gaidius
Female (from SE Pacif.): a, last thoracic segment and urosome (lateral left side); b, A2; c, Md; d, Mx1; e, Mxp; f, P1; g, P4.
- Proportional lengths of urosomites and caudal rami 37 : 19 : 14 : 12 : 18 = 100.
- Caudal rami longer than wide (9 : 6).
- A2 with exopod 7-segmented, about 21.5 times as long as endopod; endopod with 6 setae on the outer and inner lobes respectively.
- Md palp slender, endopod with 8 setae on the distal margin.
- Mx1 with 8 setae on the outer lobe, 10 setae on exopod, 8+3 setae on endopod, 3 setae on the 2nd basal segment, 4 setae on the 2nd and 3rd inner lobes respectively, 14 setae on the 1st inner lobe (= arthrite).
- Mx2 with the spine on the 4th inner lobe very strong; endopod with 6 setae.
- Mxp slender, with the 1st basal segment without lamellous plate on the outer margin.
- P1 with 1st and 2nd exopodal segments fused; no marginal spine on the 1st segment of exopod.
- P2 with exopod 3-segmented, endopod 1-segmented; the terminal spine of exopod with 19 teeth on the outer margin.
- P3 and P4 with exopod and endopod 3-segmented each, the terminal spine of the exopod with 17 teeth in P3, and 23 teeth in P4.
- The 1st basal segment of P4 with 96 bristles on the inner margin.
- Abdomen 4-segmented, measuring 0.52 mm.