Issued from : G.D. Grice & K. Hülsemann in
Bull. Mus. Comp. Zool., Harvard, 1970, 139 (4). [p.198-199, Pl. I, Figs. 3-19]. As Aetideopsis magna
Male (from 39°45.2'N, 70°33.8'W): 3-4, habitus (dorsal and lateral, respectively); 5, 4th and 5th thoracic segment§s and 1st abdominal segment (lateral); 6, forehead (lateral); 7, rostrum (ventral); 8, right A1; 9, A2; 10, Md palp; 11, Mx1; 12, Mx2; 13, Mxp; 14, P1; 15, P2 (exopod broken short); 16, P3 (exopod and endopod broken short); 17, P4 (exopod broken short); 18, P5; 19, tip of left P5.
Nota: Head and 1st thoracic segment fused, 4th and 5th thoracic segments partially fused.
- Abdomen 5-segmented, 2nd segment largest, anal segment very short.
- Rostrum 2-pointed, small.
- Posterolateral margin of 5th thoracic segment more or less rounded with posteriorly directed small spine.
- A1 reaching 3rd thoracic segment. Rifgt A1 segments 8 and 9, 20 and 21 fused. Left A1 segments 8 and 8 only fused. Large aesthetascs on segments 2 to 9.
- Exopod of A2 shorter than endopod.
- Basal segment of Md palp devoid of setae. Md blade (= gnathobase) rudimentary.
- Mx1 and Mx2 reduced.
- 2nd basipodal segment of Mxp slender, slightly longer than the 1st.
- Endopod of P1 1-segmented, of P2 2-segmented, of P4 3-segmented. Exopod of P1 3-segmented, of other legs broken short;
Posterior side of P2 and P4 with patches of short hair.
- P5 asymmetrical, left side longer than right. Endopods slender, 1-segmented. Exopod of right P5 ending with slender point. 2nd exopodal segment of left P5 with setae distally, 3rd segment small with hair at tip.