Issued from : F.D. Por in
Israel South Red Sea Expedition, 1963, Reports N° 31. [p.36, Pm. I]
Devil's Crack, Entedebir): 1, caudal rami and lest abdominal segments: 2, last segments of female A1; 3, A2: 4, female P5; 6, male P5.
- Cephalon and 1st pedigerous somite fused.
- Rostrum an equilateral triangle.
- Caudal rami slightly more than twice as long as large; the two medium apical setae proximally with stout spinulae, usual part with usual pennation.
- A1 17-segmented.
- A2 with endopod and exopod 3-segmented each.
- Exopod of Md 2-segmented; endopod indistinctly divided.
- Pars molaris of Mx1 with 7 denticles; exopod 1-segmented; endopod 2-segmented.
- Mx2 with 4 endites.
-Mxp typical of the genus.
- P5 both branches 2-segmented; connecting plate (= sclerite) with slightly concave edge. Exopod characterized by the lack of setae on basal segment, last segment bears 8 setae and spines; endopod with inner edge of basal segment produced in a long spur , last segment with 6 setae.
- Clasping right A1 17-segmented; antepenultimate segment has a long spur-like process similar to that of P. rubrocinctus
Bowman & Gonzalez; 14th segment with spine-like basal outgrowth.
- No dimorphism neither in armature of abdominal segments nor in form of armature of caudal setae.
P5 shows highly complicated structure: Exopodite of right leg bears 3 long, strong spines, the innermost with 2 setae on its base; right endopod an unarmed plate with twice emarginated distal edge. Left exopod fused to the incompletely delimited 2nd basipodite (= basis). Endopod is a broad rectangular plate with a rounded bulge on outer distal corner, distal edge with 5 setae. To the endopod are attached 3 membranous playes: 1 ellipsoidal, with bifide tip, 1 resembling a hammer of a clockwork and 1 somewhat similar to the second but with coarsely serrated distal margin.