issued from : O. Tanaka in
Publ. Seto Mar. Biol. Lab., 1962, X (1). [p.88, Fig.150].
Male (Sagami Bay): a, forehead (left lateral side); b, urosome (dorsal); c, last thoracic segment and segments 1-2 of the urosome (left lateral side); d, rostrum (dorsal view); e, exopod of P1; f, P2; g, P5; h, terminal segment of exopod of right P5; i, endopod of right P5.
- Cephalothorax about 2.26 times the abdomen length.
- Head and 1st pedigerous segment fused, 4th and 5th pedigers fused.
- Posterolateral corners of last thoracic segment rounded.
- Rostrum robust, spines terminate in a fine filament at the distal half.
- Abdomen 5-segmented; segments and caudal rami in the proportional lengths 11 : 40 : 18 : 21 : 3 : 7 = 100.
- Md robust.
- A1 20-segmented on the left side , extends to the end of thoracic segment. Right A1 with segments 20 and 21 fused.
- A2 exopod 1.2 times as long as endopod.
- Mx1 inner lobe (arthrite) with 13 setae; 2nd inner lobe with 2 setae; 3rd inner lobe with 4 setae; 9 setae on the exopod; 9 setae on the outer lobe.
- Mx2 well developed, the terminal segments have 3 long vermiform and 4 amalliform (bud-like) filaments; the 5th lobe has a long and powerful spine.
- Mxp with a sensory filament on the middle of the 1st basal segment.
- P1 with the outer edge spine on the 1st exopodal segment long, reaching the base of the outer edge of the 2nd segment.
- P2 with the outer edge spine of the 1st exopodal segment long and curved.
- P5 reaches back to the end of the 4th abdominal segment; 2nd and 3rd exopodal segments of the right leg of characteristic shape (fig.h); endopod of right leg fairly long, extends about to the middle of the 1st exopodal segment. In left leg exopod 3-segmented, slightly longer than the 2-segmented endopod.