Issued from : G.D. Grice & K. Hülsemann in
Bull. Mus. Comp.Zool., Harvard, 1970, 139 (4). [p.202-203, Pl. III Figs. 41-54]. As Xanthocalanus alvinae
Female (from 39°45.2'N, 70°33.8'W): 41,nhabitus (dorsal); 42, Md palp; 43, Md (masticatory edge); 44, Mx1; 45, Mx2; 46, Mxp; 47, P1; 48 P2; 49, P3 (exopod broken off); 50, P3 ( exopoid of another specimen); 51, P4 ( exopod and endopod broken off); 52, P4 (2nd and 3rd endopodal segments of another specimen); 53, P5; 54, P5 (another specimen).
Nota: - Head and 1st thoracic segment fused, biut trace of segmentation visible; 4th and 5th thoracic segments separate.
- Abdomen 4-segmented.
- Anal segment very short.
- Rostrum with 2 filaments of moderate length.
- Posterolateral corner of 5th thoracic segment angular, little produced.
- A1 23-segmented, segments 8-10 and 24-25 fused; reaching end of 3rd abdominal segment.
- Exopod of A2 7-segmented, slightly longer than endopod.
- Basal segment of Md palpus carrying 3 setae, mandible blade with rather simple teeth.
- 2 setae on 2nd inner lobe of Mx1, 4 setae on 3rd inner lobe, 4 setae on 2nd basal segment, 2 and 5 setae on endopod, 7 setae on exopod.
- Mx2: 3 setae on 1st lobe, 2nd to 4th lobes with 2 setae, 5th lobe with 3 setae, one of them spine-like, and 1 sensory appendage; endopod carrying sensory filaments.
- Endopod of P1 1-segmented.
- Endopod of P2 to P4 2-segmented.
Exopods of P1 to P3 3-segmented, exopod of P4 broken.
- Posterior sides of both rami of P2 and P3 spinulose, of endopod of P4 covered with hair-like spines.
- P5 composed of 3 segments of about equal length equipped with conspicuous hair and spinules; 2nd segment slightly wider than long, distal segment carrying 1 external, 1 internal, and 1 terminal spine, the latter being the shortest. One female had 2 terminal spines; internal spine strong exceeding distal segment in length, directed more or less at right angle to segment.