issued from : O. Tanaka in
Publ. Seto Mar. Lab., 1969, XVII (4). [Fig.10]. As Scottocalanus infrequens
Female (from Pacific): a, habitus (dorsal); b, forehead (lateral); c, last thoracic segment and urosome (lateral right side); d, idem (lateral left side); e, genital segment (ventral); f, A1; g, A2; h, Md.
- Body abut 3 times as long as wide.
- Head with a triangular median crest.
- Head and 1st pediger fused, 4th and 5th pedigers fused.
- Proportional lengths of cephalothorax and abdomen 78 : 22.
- Rostrum biramous, suddenly attenuates in the distal half.
- Last thoracic segment asymmetrical; right side acutely pointed, left side narrowly rounded, but pointed at the distal lateral margin.
- Abdomen 4-segmented; segments and caudal rami in proportional lengths 44 : 23 : 14 : 8 : 11 = 100.
- Genital segment asymmetrical, swollen on the right lateral margin; a very acute process arises on the dorsal surface near the distal margin; genital area considerably produced below.
- 2rd abdominal segment with dorsal surface swollen, the lateral corner fusnished with a small spine on the left side accompanied by a bunch of spinules.
- Anal segment furnished with a row of spinules on the distal margin.
- Caudal rami as long as wide, with 4 long marginal setae and 1 small inner marginal seta.
- A1 22-segmented, extends at the end of prosome.
- A2 exopod 6-segmented, 1.5 times as long as endopod with 5 estae on the outer lobe, and 7 setae on the outer lobe.
- Md exopod as long as endopod; exopod 5-segmented, carries 6 setae; endopod 2-segmented, 1st segment with 2 setae, 2nd segment with 10 setae on the distal margin; mandibular palp with 2 marginal setae,