Issued from : E.V. Borutsky in
Sb. Trud. gos. zool. Mus., 1961, 8. [p.15, Fig.5].Euritemora kurenkovi
:Female: a, last thoracic segment with lateral wings and genital segment (dorsal); e, abdomen (dorsal); s, caudal rami; b, last thoracic segment and genital segment (lateral); v, genitral plate); d, P5; .
Male: j, P5.
-Length of the lateral wings of the last thoracic segment varies sometimes the posterior end of them branches to the end of the genital segment; each wing on the inner side has a rounded protuberance and upon the end bears 2 short setae; one side of the outward part of the wing has the look of a narrow appendix, the length of which varies depending upon the length of the wing..
- Genital segment with a rather deep indentation upon the middle of each edge, so that 2 dilatations are formed, of which the proximal is larger than the distal.
- Caudal rami longer than the two last segments of the abdomen taken together; their length exceeds their widthy 6-8 times; the inner edge of the rami with occasional long hairs, the rami and anal segment are thickly covered on top with spinules.
- Caudal setae of the same length as the rami, and bear occasional and fine hairs.
- A1 reach up to the end of the 2nd thoracic segment.
- P5 with short rounded 2nd segment of the basipode; 1st segment of exopod with weak concavity upon the edge, which outwardly bears 2 strong spines with 1 spinule by each of their bases; distally there appears on the inner edge a massive (feature), directed almost perpendicularly to the axix of the segment and armed with occasional spinules upon the end; its width appears at yje base lass than the width of the segment, but the length of it exceeds the length of the segment; the terminal segment of the exopod is elongated, bears upon its end 2 appendages, of which the inner is twice the length ot the outer and bears spinules on the outer edge.
- Genital segment with a not large indentation on each side and a digitate appendix on the left;
- Caudal rami the same as in the female, but the hairs upon the inner edges occupy only the posterior half of the segment; spinules upon the dorsal side of the rami lacking, but remain upon the anal segment.
- P5: 2nd right basipodal segment wide, its length exceeds the width 2-1 and half times; the inner edge of the segment prominent, with 1 setaupon the middle; exopod 2-segmented; the 1st segment of length equal to the 2nd segment of the basipod, with straight parallel edges for its entire extant; 2nd segment 1 and half times the length of the 1st, with a marked angular expansion at the base, not really setaceous, and curved sickle-shaped. 1st segment of the left basipod with a cluster of hairs upon the outside edge, 2nd segment more narrow in comparison with the corresponding segment of the right leg, with straight edges. 1st segment of the exopod the same length, as the previous segment, and bears 3 spinules upon the outer edge and 2 below; 2nd segment longer than the 1st.