Issued from : E. Suarez-Morales, A. Goruppi, A. de Olazabal & V. Tirelli in
J. Nat. Hist., 2017, 51 (31-32) [p.1798, Fig.2].
Female (from Trieste): a, habitus (dorsal); b, cephalic region (ventral); c, same (lateral); d, frontal ornamentation and A1 showing armature (dorsal view); e, urosome and P5 (lateral); f, same (ventral); g, P1 with intercoxal sclerite; h, P3 with intercoxal sclerite.
Scale bars: 200 µm (a); 100 µm (d-f); 50 µm (b, c, g, h).
Nota: - Cephalothorax representing 60 % of total body length (caudal rami excluded)
- Oral papilla located at 26 % of cephalothorax length.
- Pair of relatively large ocelli present, pigment cups well developped, medially conjoined, strongly pigmented, ventral cup and lateral cups equally sized.
- Ventral surface of forehead with pair of sensilla.
- Pedigerous somites 2-4, together accounting for 22.5 % of total body length in dorsal view.
- Urosome: 5 pedigerous somite.
- genital double-somite and anal somite, together representing 17 % of total body length.
- Relative lengths of urosomites 28.6 : 47.6 : 23.8 = 100.
- 5th pedigerous somite with medial constriction and ventral peripheral striations; P5 inserted on distal 1/3 of somite.
- Caudal ramus subrectangular, 1.2 times longer than wide, armed with 3 subequally long, sparsely setulated caudal setae.
- Ovigerous spines paired, relatively short, representing 20 % of total body length; basally separated, slender, straight at their base and along shaft, without distal expansions.
- A1 representing about 22 % of total body length and 38 % of cephalothorax length; 4 segmented (but lacking suture between segments 3 and 4). Relative length of distal segment: 46 %. Aesthetasc 4aes not observed in specimen; element 5 spiniform, relatively slender; subterminal elements b1-4 present, unbranched element 6aes present in apical position.
- P5 medially separate, indistinctly bilobate , inner (endopodal) lobe inconspicuous, onarmed, represented by low inner rounded protuberance separated from P5 only at its distal end, lobe barely reachung midlength of outer lobe's inner margin; outer (exopodal) lobe subrectangular, slender, armed with 3 subequally long setae on distal position, innermost slightly shorter than adjacent setae.