issued from : O. Tanaka in
Publ. Seto Mar. Biol. Lab., 1969, XVII (4). [p.259, Fig.3]. As ? Gaetanus armiger
Male (from SE Pacif.): a, forehead (lateral); b, last thoracic segment with P5 and abdomen (lateral left side); b', endopod of left P5; c, Mx1; d, Mxp; e, P1.
- Cephalothorax and abdomen in the proportional lengths 75 : 25.
- Last thoracic segment provided with a small rounded process on the ventral distal margin.
- Proportional lengths of abdominal segments and caudal rami 28 : 25 : 17 : 17 : 3: 10 = 100.
- 2nd to 4th abdominal segments fringed with spinules on the ventral distal margin.
- A1 20-segmented, extending to the distal margin of the genital segment.
- Exopod of A2 1.4 times as long as the endopod; endopod with 6 setae on the outer and inner lobes respectively.
- Mx1 with 7 setae on the outer lobe, 10 setae on the exopod, 7+3 setae on the endopod including the 2nd basal segment , the 1st to 3rd inner lobes much reduced.
- Mxp without lamellous process on the outer margin of the 1st basal segment.
- P1 with exopod 3-segmented, endopod 1-segmented; the outer marginal spine of the 1st segment of the exopod very small, the outer marginal spine of the 2nd segment is replaced by a small blunt process accompanied by 2 small spines.
- P2 with exopod 3-segmented, endopod 2-segmented.
- Left P5 with the 3rd segment of the exopod furnished with spinules on the inner margin near the proximal margin, the endopod is small; right P5 with exopod 3-segmented, endopod 1-segmented.